Re: problems when installing Lilypond on windows

From: Ulrich Vollert
Subject: Re: problems when installing Lilypond on windows
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 23:08:28 +0200

Hi,

I would like to report that I found a first solution to my problem:

I have installed a different TeX-version on my Windows and there is an
environment variable called TEXMFCNF defined for this TeX-version which points
to a directory under Windows.

When I delete this variable in Windows, kpsewhich will find feta20.afm
and lilypond translates the file test.ly...nice ;-)

But now...LaTeX (under cygwin) has a problem:

This is TeXk, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.4.5)
 %&-line parsing enabled.
kpathsea: Running mktexfmt latex.fmt
fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.
I can't find the format file `latex.fmt'!

I assume that there is still something wrong with the variables or
paths.

BTW kpsewhich finds the file fmtutil.cnf.

Unfortunately, I am neither an expert in cygwin nor in TeX. Probably
somebody could help me to get TeX running for Lilypond.

The other problem....starting lilypond from outside cygwin i. e. by
double-clicking on test.ly....doesnt work !?

Regards and TIA for your help

Ulrich