RE: Building lily 2.3.1 on cygwin

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: RE: Building lily 2.3.1 on cygwin
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:07:01 +0200

Building lily on cygwin is not a trivial task, at last building the
first time on your machine. That's why there is a package maintainer :-)

Building lily is best done with mknetrel. There are almost up to date
instructions on the lilypond site.

> 1. installing mftrace did not work flawlessly. The exe's on an cygin
> environment
> need a .exe extension. I know this should be reported to a mftrace bug
> list,
> but
> as the author of the mftrace package is Han-Wen, I'll report it here
> anyway.
> ;-).
This needs to be solved by hand now, but you're right.

There is a problem now with building the new info docs (with pictures).

If you really want to build lily I strongly recommend the mknetrel way.

Greetings,

Bert