Re: 2 Qns again (Figured BasS)

From: Joshua Koo
Subject: Re: 2 Qns again (Figured BasS)
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:21:36 +0800

Thanks Mats,

the problem now for me is 1. How to position the figures at the location where
I want to. Figure I see are usually at the bottom of the notes but depending on
the stem direction, lilypond sometimes place them on top of the notes.
2. would be how to resolve the figured bass into midi.
The documentation says there's limited support for figured bass. Those that
means its not possible.
Then how would I be able to write out the chords hidden but heard during play
back in the midi file?

>Joshua Koo wrote:
>> 2. Adding figured bass directly to the notes instead of an extra context.
>> According to Tips and Trips, this is possible using markup.
>> However, would using markup have the same output with the figured context?
>> Is there anything command to use like
>>      c4-\figures{ <3 5> }
>> Or maybe if the notes can be spilt into 2 "voices" and the 2nd voice used
>> for the figured bass.
>>      << { c4 } \\ { \figures{ <3 5>8 <4 6> } } >>
>
>Just use the ordinary syntax for fingerings or text scripts:
>c^3^5
>If you define commands like
>sharp = \markup{ \small \sharp }
>you could also say c^3^\sharp
>In more complicated examples, you will need the power of the
>\markup command, see
>http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.2/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Text-markup.html#Text%20markup

Its funny I have no problem accessing them from here.

>> And a final qn. This should be the 3rd qn but since I havnt got a solution
>> since the last time, so... (ignore my cold joke)
>> I scaned and uploaded a score with chinese that I would like to help
>> typeset. The pictures are at
>> http://www.lab4games.net/zz85/junk/ly/change1.jpg page1
>> http://www.lab4games.net/zz85/junk/ly/change2.jpg page2
>> I'm thinking it should be fairly easy to typeset this, on the other hand,
>> I'm not too sure.
>
>I cannot access these pages, "connection is refused".
>
>    /Mats
>
>.

Thanks,
Joshua