RE: Narrow Word Lyric

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: RE: Narrow Word Lyric
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 10:38:01 +0200

No as in tips&tricks' lyric-hyphen-retain.ly says:
"In tightly engraved music, hyphens are removed, except at the end of the
line. Normally, lyrics are not typeset so tightly, but by tuning down
padding of in SeparationItem, syllables are put closer together, and as a
result hyphens may disappear."

However, this behaviour is not very good because if the space is too tight
the hyphen will be removed but the space between syllables won't.

Bert