Re: Methods of working

From: Nick Busigin
Subject: Re: Methods of working
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 12:40:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Alex Young wrote:

> It has struck me more than once that a windowed desktop environment
> isn't necessarily the best for lilypond work.  I'm trying out an ion
> setup that has a nice, big preview pane on the left for the ps/pdf
> output, and small panes for the editor and console on the right.  It
> looks and feels pretty smart, but I'm still learning my way around
> ion, so it's a little tricky at times.

Interesting discussion!

Out of curiosity, what is "ion" ?

                                  Nick

P.S.  I use emacs in one window, run lilypond in a  bash shell in the
      next window and gv with refresh mode set in a third.  It's quite
      comfortable, but I'm always interested in what others do.

Nick Busigin                                             address@hidden
            Visit Our Indie Jazz CD Construction Project!