Re: Papersize switching

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Papersize switching
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:59:19 +0200

The problem is that dvips has its own opinion on what paper size to
use. You can set the default paper size in dvips by running the
command 'texconfig' as root. Otherwise, add the flag
dvips -t a4 ...

Normally, ps2pdf should copy the page size from the input file,
otherwise you may have to add the flag
ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=a4 ...
as well.

   /Mats

TS Sunhede Fulk wrote:
This is a strange problem.

I've been working on a songbook using lilypond-book and Latex. In the .tex file, I specified that I wanted a4 paper ("\documentclass[a4paper]{book}"). However, the final .pdf file is U.S. letter.

Here are the commands that I used to produce the .pdf (all from the manual).
    lilypond-book --output=out filename.tex
    cd out
    latex filename
    dvips -Ppdf -u +lilypond filename
    ps2pdf filename.ps

The .tex file that was created by lilypond-book has the same \documentclass line as the original, so it must be something that one of the the other programs is doing.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance,
Ted S. Sunhede Fulk
Örebro, Sweden

        Mats Bengtsson