Re: not-latin lyrics

From: Herman Grootaers
Subject: Re: not-latin lyrics
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 23:59:37 +0200

On Thursday 01 July 2004 17:21, you wrote:
> The steps described below are not relevant for the current versions
> of LilyPond. However, they provided enough hints that I think I have
> found a solution, see the following example. Note that I don't know
> any russian, so I just copied a text from a web page.

> \header{
>    inputencoding="koi8-r"
>    fontencoding="T2A"
> }
>
> \score{<<
>    \context Voice = melody \notes \relative c'{
>      c d e f g a b c}
>    \lyricsto melody \new Lyrics \lyrics{
>      Для поддержки русского языка в teTeX нужно
>    }>>
> \paper{
>    \context{
>      \LyricsContext
>      \override LyricText #'font-name = #'"larm1000"
>    }
> }
> }

> As you can see, the necessary steps are to define the
> inputencoding and the fontencoding and to tell LilyPond
> the name of the font file. The steps to find out the name of
> the font file is just as described below (I don't understand
> the problems mentioned about the larm* files though).
>
> Note that you need LilyPond version 2.2.0 or newer for
> this solution to work.

Thanks, I got it now so far that I can compile the file correctly, though
there are some problems in getting the script on the paper.

I do send the source and the log of the verbose translation with it.

Maybe you can give me a final hint where to look for, because there are a few
projects waiting to be resolved on this.

==
Greetings,
Herman Grootaers