Using processes before I define them...

From: Brian Clements
Subject: Using processes before I define them...
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:58:39 -0700

Windows 2000  vr. 2.2.2

In making a drum part, I'm creating the specific voices in the drum (snare = /drums { notes }, bassdrm = \drums { notes }, etc,.) and then putting them together at the end some properties I use:

\score {
    \set Score.markFormatter = #format-mark-numbers
\set Score.markFormatter = #(lambda (mark context) (make-bold-markup (make-box-markup (number->string mark))))
    \override TextSpanner #'direction = #-1
    \override TextSpanner #'edge-text = #'("rit " . "")
    #(override-auto-beam-setting '(end 1 8 * *) 1 4) }
    \tempo 4=120
       \new DrumStaff <<
         \new DrumVoice { \voiceOne \cues }
         \new DrumVoice { \voiceTwo \hihat }
         \new DrumVoice { \voiceThree \snare }
         \new DrumVoice { \voiceFour \bassdrm }
    >>  }
My question is that when within those cues hihat, snare, and bassdrm parts, I use rehearsal \marks and some other formatting things before they defined in the score. Is that allowed? Cause I'm having errors anyway. But they are so ambiguous that I don't know what they are. Would I have
to put them in a \paper block?

-Brian