Re: systems overlapping & lyrics

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: systems overlapping & lyrics
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 15:22:46 +0200

Rodolfo W.Zitellini wrote:
OK, I downgraded to 2.2 and everything works great!
Thanks!
BTW I now have some attaching lyrics to the music.
I define all my music and lyrics using voicex = \notes {} and lyricx = \lyrics {} in an separate file for every part. Than I recall all parts in a top-level file with the \score context. I browsed the manual to find information on lyrics, and it says to use \lyricsto. But \lyricsto wants I voice specified, so I also create a \context voice for the staff.
It looks like this:
    \context Voice = canto { \staffH }
    \context Lyrics = canto { s1 }

This line shouldn't be necessary, you have probably seen it
remaining in some example file originally written for earlier
versions of LilyPond that didn't have the \lyricsto command, but
another more clumsy way to connect lyrics to specific voices.

    \context Lyrics = canto \lyricsto sopranos \cantoI

Try:
\lyricsto sopranos \context Lyrics = canto \cantoI
instead

   /Mats