Re: help

From: Benjamin Esham
Subject: Re: help
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 15:22:37 -0400

On Jul 31, 2004, at 12:29 AM, Graham Percival wrote:

If Rosegarden/Noteedit/MusE/ any those graphical score editing programs (that also export lily code) run on windows and osx in addition to Linux, it might
be better to point newbies at those programs.  Lilypond could focus its
speciality (making beautiful sheet music), and those programs can do their thing (providing an easy-to-learn environment for creating sheet music).

I realize this is a bit off-topic, but... is there a Lily-compatible graphical score editor that's compatible with OS X? I use Myriad's Melody Assistant to write scores, but it doesn't export in .ly-- it exports MIDI, ABC, and a couple of other formats, so it's possible to export indirectly, but I find it's easier just to type the
whole score into Lilypond manually.

--
Benjamin D. Esham      {      http://bdesham.net
address@hidden      }      AIM: bdesham 1 2 8