font problem with lilypond > 2.3.8

From: J. Scott Amort
Subject: font problem with lilypond > 2.3.8
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 02:43:00 -0400

Hi All,

When compiling lilypond 2.3.9 or 2.3.10 from source, everything compiles
fine, but when I run the program, I get the following error:

Parsing...
Interpreting music... error: can't find `feta20.afm'
Music font has not been installed properly.  Aborting

The font was traced properly and does exist in:

/usr/local/share/lilypond/2.3.10/fonts/afm

I can confirm this on both my desktop machine (running Fedora) and my
laptop (running gentoo).  Lilypond 2.3.8 compiles and runs fine without
the error.  Any suggestions on what the problem may be?

Thanks very much.

Best,
Scott