Re: Using Lilypond

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: Using Lilypond
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 13:44:32 +0200

Also, how is it decided which versions are ported to Windows?

Being the packager for Windows, I usually try to build the new versions as soon as they come out. But there are often problems that have to be solved. For example in the recent 2.2.x versions I could not build the documentation yet, for some Texinfo problems. In the 2.3.x series there is some segmentation fault which I couldn't find out yet.

For development versions I usually don't feel urgent to solve the problems, (so I tried to build 2.3.x only one time). And, development versions will never be uploaded to cygwin mirrors, but will be made downloadable from my homepage, if I am able to build them.

Bert