Re: ambitus not automatic

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: ambitus not automatic
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:30:46 +0200

I think the trick is to use invisible notes to indicate the range.
Use \hideNotes and \unHideNotes to make invisible notes.
As long as the range you want to show is larger than what's really
in the music, that should be simple to do. Otherwise, you have to
add the Ambitus engraver to a separate Voice which only contains the
invisible notes, see the ambitus-mixed.ly example in the Tips and
Tricks document.

   /Mats

Ragnar Christopher Nevries wrote:
Hi, I'm using lilypond 2.2.4 under Gentoo/Linux.

I'm writing a little counterpoint-tutorial and want the ambitus at
beginning not to show the real voice's ambitus, but a user-defined one
to show which ambitus we 'can' use in counterpoint and not 'do' use.

Is there any chance?

Sorry if the question is stupid, I'm new to both lilypond and the
user-list.

Thanks,
ragnar

        Mats Bengtsson