Re: Installing on macosx 10.3

From: andrea valle
Subject: Re: Installing on macosx 10.3
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:13:46 +0100

Thanks Walter,
I'm a bit surprised that I'm able to run lily only on windows...
If I type
lilypond -v
I only obtain:
lilypond: command not found.

That's strange as I installed fink with non errors. Or maybe am I missing something?
-a-

On 10 Dec 2004, at 16:47, Walter Hofmeister wrote:

On 12/10/04 9:31 AM, "andrea valle" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi to all,
we followed installing procedure for lily 2.4.2 on MacOsx 10.3 (via
fink).
We installed fink, make selfupdate, then, with fink install lilypond
-unstable", fink downloaded lily and other packages and compiled them
all with no errors. But, as result, there's no executable. We only find
files .info and .patch.
?
Any help is much appreciated

best

-a-

Hi Andrea,
    Open the terminal application and type "lilypond -v" and see what
happens. Lilypond is run from a terminal window, it does not work like other Mac applications. You need to read the tutorial that is built along with the executables. In another terminal window type "info lilypond" and you should
be able to read the documentation. Hope this helps.

Another fellow Mac user,
Walter Hofmeister

Andrea Valle
Laboratorio multimediale "G. Quazza"
Facoltà di Scienze della Formazione
Università degli Studi di Torino
address@hidden

For your security, this mail has been scanned and protected by Inflex