Point and click

From: David Bobroff
Subject: Point and click
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:13:51 +0000

Trying to get 'Point and click' operational in v2.5.15.  I have done the
following:

Installed Xpdf 3.00-10.4.
Edited /etc/xpdfrc to include the line:

urlCommand      "firefox -remote 'OpenURL {%s}'"

Firefox 'prefs.js' contains the two user_pref lines indicated in
Appendix D.

As far as I can tell, this is all that the instuctions say I'm to do.
In older docs, for example, 2.4, it says to add a line to the *.ly file
e.g.:

#(ly:set-point-and-click 'line-column)

There is no mention of that in the 2.5 docs.  There is mention of
lilypond-pdfpc-helper which "...tests the environment variable
EDITOR..."

Do I need to set this variable somewhere?  It is not explicitely stated
in the docs.

When I view a PDF with Xpdf I do see that the arrow cursor changes to a
little pointing hand when it is over a notehead.  Also, in the lower
right corner of Xpdf the path to the Lily input file is displayed, so
something is working, but if I click on a note nothing happens.

Am I missing something, or are the docs missing something?

-David