Re: Help to beginer

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: Help to beginer
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:30:04 +0100

Oh, I think I've found the cause of these

1. Windows 98 may cause troubles. Use 2000/XP. (It worth anyway.)
2. The test.log shows that something went wrong during the installation. I would purge the c:\cygwin folder and run setup.exe again. (Make sure that you keep all settings the default, select a mirror geographically near to you, make sure that you select the lilypond 2.4.2-1 package.) If there are error messages again, remember them, you can also send c:\cygwin\var\log\setup.log to us - it may help. 3. Try running cygwin with its Desktop/Start menu icon. If it starts up ok (it should produce cca. 4 lines of output in a console window and give a prompt).
4. Try double-clicking some .ly file again.

Bert