Simple OS X Lily previewer in the works (was getting Lily/mftrace on Mac

From: Ed Baskerville
Subject: Simple OS X Lily previewer in the works (was getting Lily/mftrace on MacOSX)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 14:41:19 -0800

Hi all,

I've just started work on a simple LilyPond previewer for OS X. It will be similar to TeXShop, but simpler--at the expense, perhaps, of flexibility. The application will be a simple LilyPond text editor with indent balancing, parenthesis balancing, and code completion and "almost live" PDF previewing--a straightforward, one-trick pony.

I was mostly silent about this because I hadn't actually written any code until Thursday. Now that I have some basic functionality, I thought I'd gauge interest. I'll try to have a test version available soon, probably without syntax coloring or code completion.

A few questions for you all:

(1) Would use use this application? (Feel free to just email me directly.)
(2) Any other key features you'd like to see?
(3) Echoing Han-Wen's inquiry about a binary distribution: what would be a reasonable price?

--Ed