Re: changing notehead in themiddle of the chord

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: changing notehead in themiddle of the chord
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:49:38 +0100

In addition to what I said below, please take a look at the example
called apply-output.ly in the "Regression Test" document in the
on-line documentation. In the example called note-head-style.ly,
you will find the documentation of different note head styles that
you requested in an earlier email. In general, both the Regression
Test document and the Tips and Tricks document are very useful
sources of information in addition to the rest of the manual.

   /Mats

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Since this is a usage question for the stable version of LilyPond,
I recommend to keep the discussion on the lilypond-user mailing
list.

I don't know any details about the drum support in LilyPond, but
as far as I know, the only way to get a different note head on
one note out of several in the same chord in the same voice is
to use the \harmonic feature:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Harmonic-notes.html#Harmonic-notes
However, this is hard coded to only provide harmonics. If you want
some other kind of note head, you could probably insert a copy of
the function find-notehead-symbol from scm/output-lib.scm, change
what it returns for style = harmonic, rename it to something like
my-find-notehead-symbol and set
\override Score.NoteHead 'glyph-name-procedure = my-find-notehead-symbol

   /Mats

Matevz Jekovec wrote:

I'm trying to change the notehead in the chord in the same voice, but it doesn't work. The output is lexport.ly:37:41: Error: syntax error, unexpected MUSIC_IDENTIFIER, expecting DRUM_PITCH or NOTENAME_PITCH or '>':
      \bcr g'8 \btr a \bcr b g e' e d < g, \bt
r e' > | \bcr g a b g e' e d e | % 3 not good

Is this a bug or not implemented yet?

Note: This message has been forwarded from NoteEdit mailing list.

- Matevž

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%                                  %
%   LilyPond output generated by   %
%           "noteedit"             %
%                                  %
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.4.2"

#(set-global-staff-size 16)

bcr = { \override Voice.NoteHead #'style = #'cross
}
bdf = { \override Voice.NoteHead #'style = #'default
}
bcc = { \override Voice.NoteHead #'style = #'xcircle
}
btr = { \override Voice.NoteHead #'style = #'triangle
}

flat = \markup { \raise #0.4 \smaller \musicglyph #"accidentals--2" }
sharp = \markup { \raise #0.6 \smaller \musicglyph #"accidentals-2" }
textcodaysym = \markup { \hspace #1 \raise #1.1 \musicglyph #"scripts-coda"}

\header {
    copyright = "classical"
}

DrumsC = \relative c {
    \set Staff.instrument = #"Drums"
    \clef percussion
\time 4/4 %\bcr g'8 \btr a \bcr b g e' e d < g, e' > | \bcr g a b g e' e d e | % 3 good

\bcr g'8 \btr a \bcr b g e' e d < g, \btr e' > | \bcr g a b g e' e d e | % 3 not good

    g, a b g e' e d e | g, a b g e' e d e     \bar "|."
}
\score {
    \relative <<
        \context Staff = cDrumsCC <<