Re: How to do notes + lyrics in sequence

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to do notes + lyrics in sequence
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:33:41 +0100

It does compile here using version 2.2!

Regarding your next email with the upgrade problems, please read at
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Commenting-input-files.html#Commenting-input-files
especially the link on the last line about 'convert-ly'.

   /Mats

Matthew T. Atkinson wrote:
'ello,

Thanks to both of you for the advice.  Things are beginning to make a
bit more sense now :-).  Unfortunately, the suggestion of:

\score {
   <<
     \new Staff {
       \context Voice = "parta" \parta
       \context Voice = "partb" \partb
     }
     \new Lyrics <<
       \lyricsto "parta" \partaText
       \lyricsto "partb" \partbText

   \paper {}
   \midi {}
}

Didn't compile for me (it says it can't find the voices).  I am going to
try it with 2.4.5 and see if that helps.

bye just now,

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems