Re: i´ve got a problem

From: Szabó Árpád Zoltán
Subject: Re: i´ve got a problem
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:33:54 +0200

I have to confess that I have connected PC-s with printer cable (at least I
thought it was printer cable) long time ago, and I don't recall the exact
method, so you may well right.
I just checked Total Commander (do you know this software), which supports
this, and its help speaks about  "Direct cable connection through parallel
port". I quote a short passage, if it makes more sense.
<quote start>
The PORT connection through the parallel port allows to transfer data
between two computers in the same room over a special parallel cable. This
cable can be found in most computer shops under the name "Interlink/Laplink
parallel cable" or "parallel cable for direct cable connection". It allows a
transfer rate of about 50kB/sec. The function therefore cannot be used as a
network, but is meant to synchronize data between two machines (e.g. a
desktop and a notebook). You need a pair of network cards for a permanent
connection.
<quote end>

However, I mentioned it as a tip, I believe "the" problem was not with the
physical method of moving the files from one computer to another, but what
files from where, and what to do with those, i.e. the usage of Cygwin
setup.exe.

--
Árpád