Re: pdf files

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: pdf files
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:34:28 +0200

I'm using Acrobat Reader 5.0, but have just downloaded Adobe reader 6.0 and
am still unable to open the files. Can I be really thick and ask what the
difference between PDF and PS is? That may be the key, as it seems the PS
files are the ones I can't open.

PS is short for PostScript, which is a language used by some printers.
For normal PostScript files, you can install a program like GSView to
view them on the screen in Windows. However, the PostScript files
generated by LilyPond are a bit special and are mainly used as
intermediate files from LilyPond when it prepares the PDF files.
So, forget about the PS files and try to view the PDF files.

It's really hard to say what problem you have with your installation
if the PDF files from LilyPond are broken. Also, I have no experience
at all of the new installer for Windows, so I cannot even provide any
hints on how to try to find the problem. I hope someone else on the
mailing list can provide more assistance.

   /Mats