RE: About whole bar rest

From: Fairchild
Subject: RE: About whole bar rest
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 08:56:54 -0500

Georges -

Now, in \time 2/4,
 r2 produces a horizontally off-center rest,
 R2 produces a horizontally centered rest,
 c2\rest produces a horizontally off-center rest, vertically positioned at
the position of note "c".

Controlling a horizontally centered rest with a specified vertical position
can be accomplished with:
 \override MultiMeasureRest  #'staff-position = #-1 R2

As a feature request I have asked that the dual control be simplified to
 c2\Rest
using the note position for vertical control, and \Rest with a capital "R"
to designate horizontal centering.  This would only apply to whole- and
multi-measure rests.

                                 - Bruce