Re: TeX and DVI output from 2.6 native Windows install

From: Art Hixson
Subject: Re: TeX and DVI output from 2.6 native Windows install
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:53:48 -0700

One of the things I thought was particularly interesting about Lilypond was its interface with LaTeX. I was thinking about using the DOC format to write some prefaces to works I'm editing. Unfortunately, I'm barely able to work in LaTeX at this point but I think it has great potential. So, if TeX is no longer supported, how can one integrate music examples with text? And wasn't the documentation in DOC format?

Also, the manual clearly retains the TeX and DVI options so the developers must have intended it to work.

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Note that the TeX backend is more or less unsupported, so don't be
surprised if it doesn't work anymore. If you have a very good reason
to use it, please tell the mailing list.

    /Mats

Art Hixson wrote:

If I try -f tex or -f dvi options from the Bash console, I get:
   warning: can't generate "TeX" using the postscript back-end

I don't see any place to where the postscript back-end is set.