Re: unexpected digit with tied chords a manual documentation lack

From: Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence
Subject: Re: unexpected digit with tied chords a manual documentation lack
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:56:25 -0700

I found the problem- the manual doesn't really explain this very well.
The example(s) in chapter 6 of the manual leave out any mention of how to define the value of the chord - it turns out that it must be entered outside the <> not inside as I had thought.

Jay Hamilton, Sound and Silence wrote:

I'm getting an error message
syntax error, unexpected DIGIT, expecting DRUM_PITCH or NOTENAME_PITCH or '>'
a8 ges d2 <a

but I have entered
a8 ges d2 <a4 c> ~
\time 7/4
<a2. c> {(a2 bes)\\ d1}

2.6.1 windows

I've tried spacing and different ways of entering the material but nothing seems to get rid of the error.
Jay

--
Childhood is a Journey not a race- Emma Sadinsky aged 8
Jay Hamilton