Re: Is there already a German translation of manual?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Is there already a German translation of manual?
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:55:30 +0200

Marc Weber writes:

>  Why is it a must to install cygwin to default install directory
>  c:\cygwin\ ?

To reduce the number of problems, typically simultaneous/conflicting
installs, directory names with spaces, what have you.  Using another
directory works, of course, but do not expect too much help.  That's
the idea.

>  What about the native version of lilypond without cygwin?

What about it?  The native version is rather new, ideally both should
be described separately.

>  In getting-started there is this text:
>    The easiest option for  Windows users is the    <a
>    href="windows.html">drag &amp; drop approach</a>.
>  with a reference to windows.html.
>  But the approach listed there is double clicking on the .ly file ??
>  Where is the conjunction to drag & drop??
>  Is this also called this way?

Both dragging and dropping, as well as using the second mouse button's
context menu item "generate PDF" should work.  On some windows
flavours, double clicking also works, on others that will popup the
editor.

>  I know the term drag & drop as while
>  klicking moving the mouse to move some object somwhere else..

Yes.

>  getting-started.html (cvs) contains the information how to run editor
>  and how to compile twice.. but the online version doesn't.. (?)
>  .. Is this intended?

I don't understand.  Do you main that CVS does not match lilypond.org?

>  "All logos and product images are copyright and trademark
>  acknowledged."
>  What does trademark acknowledged mean?

Any copyrights and trademarks are acknowledged.  We respect and note
that some products and images have one of these protections.

>  I've now translated all "delivery" pages (priority 1).

That's great!

>  My de folder is zipped 45kb. Shall I post it here?

Yes, but can you first check why it is so big?  You may have
untranslated files or backup files there, or forgot to run gzip.  The
sizes of the French and Dutch sites are just

    -rw-rw-r--  1 janneke staff  26K 2005-07-31 17:53 fr.tar.gz
    -rw-rw-r--  1 janneke staff  13K 2005-07-31 17:53 nl.tar.gz

You may also send it to me and han-wen personally.

Jan.