Mac OSX and Text Editors

From: Stephan Moss
Subject: Mac OSX and Text Editors
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:45:29 -0700

When Lilypond reads the .ly file, what is it looking for in terms of
format (line endings, etc)?

I took a file that worked from the built in editor to Text Wrangler and
then back again and it generated lots of errors (Unexpected #end, if I
remember right).  I wound up re-entering it in the built in editor.  I'm
assuming that Text Wrangler (from the people who make Bbedit) mangled
the file in such a way that the parser didn't like it anymore.

Thanks

Steve

Dr. Stephan L. Moss
Sr. Systems Analyst