Lilypond Fonts

From: david wynn
Subject: Lilypond Fonts
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 03:33:36 +0000

I've recently rebuilt my Linux system from scratch, and am still trying to get everything back to the way it was. I use a mostly Kubuntu system, but am willing to add Debian Testing modules where necessary.

My Lilypond version is now 2.4.5 from Debian. The actual music -- notes / staffs / etc -- looks great. But the lyrics and headers look terrible. Almost like Lilypond is trying to use a font that I don't currently have on my system, so its subsituting an inferior one.

What font is Lilypond looking for by default for lyrics and headers? Any idea what package Debian and Debian-based systems should have installed as a default?

David Wynn