Re: compare lily was Re: unsolicited praise =)

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: compare lily was Re: unsolicited praise =)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:48:59 -0400

    AM> They compare gui notation packages with lily?
    AM> What about a mup/abcm2ps/guido/musictex/philipswriter
    AM> etc comparison to lilypond.

I'd be interested in that, too.  But so far not interested enough to
actually type in the abc or musixtex.

The other thing I'd be interested in is for each system, seeing both
the "first pass", where you get what the system gives you with no
tweaking, right after you enter the notes right, and the "best effort"
where someone has fixed everything up.  I would expect lily to do
really well on the "first pass" comparison.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

I lost mail from Friday, August 5 to Sunday August 7, so if you sent
me anything then, you'll have to resend.