Re: Manual volta brackets

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Manual volta brackets
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:16:28 +0200

Sven Axelsson wrote:
I am using (or abusing) manual volta brackets to insert alternative bars in a score, and I'm wondering if there is a way to control the drawing of the right downstroke of the bracket? As far as I understand, this is only drawn when the bracket appears at the end of a measure, but I want to have it on all my manual brackets. An example of what I'm doing is here: http://www.svenax.net/files/sheetmusic/piobaireachd/andrew_macneill_of_
colonsay.pdf.

Actually it only happens when the end happens at the same time as a
|: or :| or :|: or |. bar line, so an ordinary bar line doesn't
help. It might be possible to fool LilyPond by doing \bar "|."
but at the same time redefine how the bar line is printed so you
actually get a normal bar line (or no bar line) but the volta is
still printed as if the bar line was a |.

And related to this, how do I change the font for the volta text? I have tried every conceivable variant of Scheme markup, but all I get is syntax errors.

It seems that you can only use plain text so far, but I noticed that
Han-Wen just submitted some patches to CVS so you could expect to
be able to use markups in next 2.7.x version.

   /Mats