Re: editor-lilypond quick parse

From: Bertalan Fodor
Subject: Re: editor-lilypond quick parse
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 18:27:01 +0200

We could make the process much faster, if we could skip FontConfig initalization.

What Han-Wen proposed was to write something like:

#(set! toplevel-score-handler (lambda p 0))

That way lilypond will only parse. Its backdraw is that it won't find many typical typing errors (like unclosed beams/slurs, bar check failures).

The other way, using only midi output is achieved by commenting the \paper {} and \layout {} blocks. So we get something like:

\score {

   ...my score comes here...

\midi { }
   % \layout { ...layout tweaks here... } % I commented this

}

% \paper {
%   ...paper settings come here...
% }

For the latter, I will extend the LilyPondTool for jEdit plugin, to provide it.

Bert