Re: text below staff ouch!

From: Aaron Mehl
Subject: Re: text below staff ouch!
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 02:21:47 -0700 (PDT)

Well I have to admit I only tried two of the examples

\markup {
  this is normal  text
  \override #'(linewidth . 60)
  \wordwrap {
    "ABC cde"
  }

works and gives me  edc  CBA but for a long lines it
keeps going off the page (no word wrap?)I gather the
override linewidth should be set to something
different for this to work?...

}

\markup {
  this is normal  text
  \override #'(linewidth . 40)
  \justify {
    "ABC def
     ABC def
     ABC def
"
  }
if I make separate lines they come out as a mess one
on top of the other.

}

\markup {

  \override #'(linewidth . 40)

{  \wordwrap-string #" ABC def "

Here the word wrap does work but the word order for
hebrew comes out:

CBA fed (left to right word order right to left letter
order)

  \justify-string #"
ABC def
ABC def
ABC def

" }

Here the justify works but on the english side not the
hebrew. The hebrew word order is also wrong:
CBA fed
CBA fed
CBA fed

(left to right word order right to left letter order)

I am sorry I didn't test this better previously.

So I can get the correct word order it is just the
justify and wordwrap that are acting flakey.

Thanks
Aaron

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs