Re: no pdf file generated (windows version 2.7.8)

From: stk
Subject: Re: no pdf file generated (windows version 2.7.8)
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 00:54:44 -0400 (EDT)

Katrien de Vos wrote:

> I have made a batch-file:
> gswin32.exe -q   -dCompatibilityLevel#1.4  -sPAPERSIZE#"a4" -dNOPAUSE
> -dBATCH -r1200  -sDEVICE#pdfwrite -sOutputFile#%1.pdf -c .setpdfwrite -f
> %1.ps

> Then I made a run and generated a pdf-file. Using "gs" or "gs.exe"
> instead of "gswin32.exe" didn't work.

I'm a Windows user, but I shouldn't stick my nose in, as I'm very new
at this, however...

It is odd that using "gs.exe" didn't work.  In the same directory where
gswin32.exe is, there should be a file gs.exe whose content is identical
to that of gswin32.exe

(a) if the file gs.exe doesn't exist, then do
copy gswin32.exe gs.exe
and try running LilyPond again.

(b) if gs.exe exists but isn't identical, that would be surprising,
but you could rename gs.exe to gsORIG.exe so as not to lose it, and
then try (a) above.

(c) if gs.exe exists and is identical to gswin32.exe, then I am
really mystified.

> But now point-and-click doesn't work.

I disable point-and-click, so I don't know anything about that, but I
think there was some discussion on this list recently about setting some
environment variable to specify the editor that point-and-click should
respond to (?).

-- Tom