Re: pagebreak problem

From: Henrik Frisk
Subject: Re: pagebreak problem
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 21:28:30 +0200

Aaron Mehl <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have a document where one line falls on a second
> page.
>
> I tried the following:
>  I reduced the #(set-global-staff-size 20 ) to
> #(set-global-staff-size 18)
> but that didn't help.
>
> I tried a noPageBreak before that line but when I
> looked at the pdf an additional line ran to the next
> page.
>
> There is enough room between staves however to steal
> room to fit that line in, but I am not sure how to
> sanely do this.

You can set the distance between the staffs by setting (I think)
Staff.minimumVerticalExtent. If you make this smaller, I would suppose you can
make the two systems fit on the same page. It's documented in section
10.1.6 in the manual
(http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.7/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Vertical-spacing.html).

\henrik