Re: Can't define articulation using staccatissimo

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Can't define articulation using staccatissimo
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:26:50 +0200

Why not look how the default staccatissimo script is defined in
scm/script.scm? Another method to find out what you did wrong is
to look in the list of available font symbols in the feta font,
which is included in Appendix C.4, The Feta font, in the manual.

   /Mats

Sven Axelsson wrote:
For some reason I can't define my own articulations using the staccatissimo
symbol. Any other symbol works.
\version "2.7.10"

#(define my-script-alist
(append '(("accent-french" .
           ((script-stencil . (feta . ("staccatissimo" . "staccatissimo")))
(direction . 1) )) )
        default-script-alist) )
\layout { \context { \Score scriptDefinitions = #my-script-alist } }
accent = #(make-articulation "accent-french")

\relative c'' { a b\accent c }

This will run with no errors in the log, but also with no articulation markup
in the output. Change "staccatissimo" to e.g. "thumb" and the symbol appears
correctly. Bug?

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems