Re: alignment of text in TextSpanner

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: alignment of text in TextSpanner
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:56:32 -0700

On 20-Sep-05, at 11:22 AM, address@hidden wrote:

\relative c'' {
  \override TextSpanner #'edge-text = #'("s.p." . "ord.")
  \override TextSpanner #'bound-padding = #1.0
  \override TextSpanner #'dash-fraction = #'()
  \override TextSpanner #'arrow = ##t

  a8\startTextSpan gis8 a4 b4
  b,4 | g' c\stopTextSpan c
}

The problem is that the second word "ord." is aligned on the basis of the letter "d", I suppose, and because of this is misaligned compared to the
arrow and the first word.

What version of lilypond are you using? I just tried this in 2.7.8 and it looks
ok to me... what exactly is the problem with the alignment?

- Graham