Re: ignoring ties for lyrics

From: Kevin Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: ignoring ties for lyrics
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 04:21:58 -0700 (PDT)

Yes I did try this already, Here's my sample, I want
the word "for" in the second verse to land on the
eighth note in the beginning of the second measure.  I
included a png of my output.  As you see in my code
the \set ignoreMelismata is one word before the word I
want to ignore the tie.  I tried several different
placements of both the set and unset property.

Kevin Nowaczyk

vocalmusic =
  {
    \time 4/4

    \acciaccatura d'8 e'8 g'16 d'16~ d'16
\acciaccatura d'8 e'8 b16~
    b8 r8 \acciaccatura fis8 g8 a16 bes16~

    bes8 r8 \acciaccatura bes8 c'8. bes16~ bes16 a8.
r16 g8 e16

  }

verseone = \lyrics
  {
    guise as no __ one knows __ hides the face, __
    lies the __ snake and the
  }

versetwo = \lyrics
  {

    warm wind, ti -- red friend. Times \set
ignoreMelismata = ##t are
    gone for \unset ignoreMelismata hon -- est men,

\score
  {
    \new ChoirStaff
      <<