SUSE 9.3 and fontforge

From: Suzanne Blatt
Subject: SUSE 9.3 and fontforge
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:36:18 -0300

Hello,
I'm trying to build Lilypond 2.5 as the one that came with SUSE 9.3 doesn't work. My problem is fontforge. The 'old' fontforge that came with SUSE has been uninstalled, I found and downloaded the 'new' fontforge from the web but I cannot seem to get the compilers to find it - so my compiling results in an error of 'no fontforge'. Where should I be compiling fontforge on my machine so it will be seen? and how do I do this? I think it should go in /usr/bin but how can I get it there?
Thanks,
Suzie