Re: Putting horizontal brackets at a fixed y-position

From: sven
Subject: Re: Putting horizontal brackets at a fixed y-position
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:12:23 +0200

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> Are you seriously saying that you want high notes to actually pass
> through the brackets?

Yes, that's what I want. This doesn't mean that I intend to have lots of
music that overlaps the brackets, but rather that if I see overlaps, I can tweak
the position globally, and be sure to get a consistent layout without Lilypond
moving things behind my back.

It also means that I can have music that is actually inside the volta brackets.
As of now the brackets seems to be pushed up as soon as music gets near the
bracket bounding box.

> What you can do is to reduce the padding and increase the
> staff-padding (or minimum-space, which is used in the default
> settings for VoltaBracket, for some reason). Then, the distance from
> the stave will be more limiting than the distance from the note
> unless you have a note with a very high pitch.

OK, I may look into this too.

Thanks

--
Sven Axelsson