Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 34, Issue 71

From: Gordon Gilbert
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 34, Issue 71
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 14:28:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hey Mats,

Thanks for the suggestion -- I'll see what I can do with that. Come to think of it, I had tried to install Acroread version 7.x a while ago, and this problem seems to have started after that. The install was unsuccessful, and I had to blow it away and reinstall version 5.x, which is what I am using now. (I haven't had to update my version of Ghostview for a while.)

But up until recently Acroread, Ghostview, and my printer have behaved perfectly. So I am still mystified.

Blessings,

Fr. Gord+

My guess is that it's some specific combination of Acroread version, printer and Ghostscript version. The easiest fix is probably to upgrade Acroread to a newer version. Hopefully that helps.

   /Mats

Gordon Gilbert wrote:
Hi all!

I've recently noticed that when I print one of my PDF files, the chord
names come out garbled -- all 'm's or 'n's or 'u's and the like.  The
on-screen display is fine, as is the PS file.  And when I print the PS
file, it's perfect.

I'm using 2.5.29 (waiting for 2.6.x or 2.7.x to come out in ports),
Acroread 5.0.10, and GV 3.6.1.  Below my signature is the text file, but
when I tried to send the PDF and the PS files, it was too big for the
list, so if you want to see that, please write, and I'll send it to you
directly.

Any ideas, anyone?

Blessings,

Father Gordon Gilbert