absolute text size

From: Graham Percival
Subject: absolute text size
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 01:35:20 -0700

On 26-Sep-05, at 10:51 AM, Chris Sawer wrote:

I published details of the new \markup based Mutopia taglines a while ago, and have just noticed a minor drawback with them. Using LilyPond 2.6.3 (on Mac OS X), the tagline gets bigger and smaller as the staff size is changed.

This isn't a big problem for smaller staff sizes than the default, but it means that larger staff sizes cause the tagline to flow off the side of the page.

Does anyone have any idea how we could maintain the size of the tagline over different staff sizes?

Interesting question; I think this is highly relevant to lilypond-user. And there's a
better chance of getting an answer.  :)

Can we have non-relative font sizes in LilyPond?

Cheers,
- Graham Percival