Re: Syntax for reading object property values?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Syntax for reading object property values?
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 17:26:46 +0200

Peter Hays wrote:
Han-Wen Nienhuys  wrote:

If you don't want to format bar numbers, then what are you looking for?

Good question.  Sorry I didn't just state that up front.

I want to put multiple Rehearsal Marks over selective bars. Specifically, I want to put a bar 'letter' and a bar 'number' over a bar, using some form of a '\mark' statement. Ideally, I would like the letter in a circled and the number boxed. My understanding, and my observation, is that multiple \mark statements can nat be applied to the same bar. Only the last statement is evaluated. I have seen other threads to this effect. It would be great if I was wrong.

So far, the closest I have come is combining the following:

1. "\set Score.markFormatter = #(...currentBarNumber)"   to box the numbers

I think the easiest would be to put all your logic in markFormatter.

  \set Score.rehearsalMark = #1   %% number
  \mark \default
  \set Score.rehearsalMark = #2   %% letter
  \mark \default
  \set Score.rehearsalMark = #3   %% letter & number
  \mark

you can have the markFormatter read rehearsalMark and do something clever based on the read value, including stacking two markups to get both numbers and letters. You can also wrap the whole in music function.

I agree that the interface is a bit clumsy, and I'd gladly clean it up and/or provide you with a full example, if you're willing to throw in sponsorship money.