Re: Repeats and rehearsal mark in drummode music

From: Peter Mogensen
Subject: Re: Repeats and rehearsal mark in drummode music
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 00:29:13 +0200

Abbey Lincoln-GLMA001 wrote:
> I just started using LilyPond to notate drumset music.  It's working
> very well for me so far.  But I can't figure out how to do two things:
>
>  1. Put a rehearsal mark at the beginning of the first bar ("[A]"), and

In my expericene it's best to put rehearsalmarks and any other global
info which is suppoed to be printed once per system in a "globalinfo"
section:

globalinfo = {
        \mark \default
        s1
        s1
}

... and put that in parallel with your two voices.

\new DrumStaff <<
        \time 4/4
        \new DrumVoice { \voiceOne \threeSingleF \threeSingleF }
        \new DrumVoice { \voiceTwo \bdSingleFHhFour \bdSingleFHhFour }
        \globalinfo

>  2. Put the bars between repeat symbols ("|:" and ":|")

put
\bar "|:"
in "the right place".

Which place is the right place depends on how you structure your music.
You can but it in "globalinfo", like:

globalinfo = {
        \mark \default
        \bar "|:"
        s1
        s1
        \bar ":|
}

... but that will be a problem if you have repeats which some time needs
to be unfolded. Else... put it directly in the definition of your notes,
or in your voice definition.

Peter