Help with chord alignment

From: Josh Lawrence
Subject: Help with chord alignment
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 15:35:52 -0500

Hello list,

I am new to Lilypond, and I am learning how to properly input information.  Currently, I am using the standard Just Friends to practice with.  From looking at other people's input files, I have been able to come up with the following partial lead sheet score:

--begin justfriends.ly--
\version "2.6.1"
     \header {
       title = "Just Friends"
       composer = "John Klenner"
       arranger = "Josh Lawrence"
       texttranslator = "Translator"
     }
<<
\chords {
 s2 | c1:maj7 | s1 | a1:m5-.7 | d1:9- |
 g1:maj7 | s1 | bes1:min7 | ees1:7 |
 a1:min7 | d1:9- | fis2:m5-.7 b2:7 | e1:min7 |
 a1:7 | s1 | a1:min7 | d2:7 des2:9 |
}
\relative c'' { \time 4/4  \key g \major  \clef treble  \partial 4
 b4 | b1 ~ | b2 \times 2/3 {a4 b a} | ees1 ~ | ees2 a |
 a1 ~ | a2 \times 2/3 {g4 a g} | des1 ~ | des2 r4 g |
 g4. e8 g8 e r fis ~ | fis2 r4 fis | fis4. d8 fis d r e ~ | e4 fis g b |
 e2 b ~ | b4 e, \times 2/3 {e fis g} | d'2 b ~ | b b |
}

--end justfriends.ly--

Here are my questions:

First, my chords are not aligning up with the beginning of the bar that they apply to in the pdf output.  How can I make sure that the chords fall at the beginning of the measure?

Second, I would like for my chart to be 4 bars per line, "Real Book" style.  Is there a simple way that I can tell Lilypond to use 4 bars per line, and still keep a reasonable look to the score?

Finally, is there a jazz font I can use?

I am running Lilypond 2.6.1 on Windows and Linux.  This particular file was written and tested using the Windows version.

Please let me know if I need to provide more information.  Thank you very much for your help.

Josh Lawrence