Re: Spacing between score and tab

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Spacing between score and tab
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:48:42 +0200

If you temporarily change your setting of transparent from ##t to ##f,
you will realize what happens. Actually, to get rid of the beams, I would
propose to use
|\autoBeamOff|
|instead of just making the transparent, see "|8.6.2 Setting automatic beam
behavior" for the documentation.  |This also happens to fix your|
|spacing problem.

A few other comments:

- I would recommend to move #(set-global-staff-size 20) to the
 top level of the file, i.e. outside \score{...}.

- If you want to set properties in the TabStaff context, it makes more
 sense to use something \override TabStaff.xxx #'xxx = #'xxx instead of
 your current ||\override Staff.xxx #'xxx = #'xxx, which happens to work
 in this particular situation.

- If you don't explicitly name contexts (see "|9.1.1 Creating contexts"),
  I recommend to use \new instead of \context. Otherwise you might be
unpleasantly surprised if you for example have more than one Staff context
  in the same score.

  /Mats
Hans wrote:

Hello everyone,

As you can see in my latest version of the score I've been working on the final bar lines of the score and tab because they didn't match up. My solution was to add a final chord in the tab and blanking it. Looks like this....

< b,\6 gis\4 d'\3 > \override TabNoteHead #'transparent = ##t < b,\6 gis\4 d'\3 > 2 \bar "|."

I'm so proud of myself :-)

But what I still don't understand is why the spacing between the score and the tab is different between the first two and the third line. The third line is much longer spaced and to be honest, I would like to have the spacing of the third line on line 1 and 2 as well. So what is wrong here? Thanks for the help again.

Hans

http://hit.tweakdsl.nl/blues_up_the_neck.pdf
http://hit.tweakdsl.nl/blues_up_the_neck.ly

        Mats Bengtsson