Shortened volta span & autopackage

From: Shelagh Manton
Subject: Shortened volta span & autopackage
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 12:22:08 +1000

Hello,

I was hoping somebody would point me to the place in the documentation
where it shows how to shorten a volta bracket. I've seen it, but can't
find it again..

Shelagh

Also, could  someone explain how the autopackager decides whether to
update what you have already on your computer. I updated Lilypond
yesterday and guile, which I already had installed, was updated and the
upshot is that I had to uninstall guile thru' apt and reinstall it.
Lilypond worked fine after this but before I did this, guile
could not load itself. Is it a conflict with the already installed guile?
Why did it need to update if the guile that was already there worked fine?

Shelagh