Re: simultaneous use of "long term" and "short term" crescendo/descresce

From: Andrew Sidwell
Subject: Re: simultaneous use of "long term" and "short term" crescendo/descrescendo
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:19:52 +0100

Bart Diels wrote:
I would like to use "long term" and "short term" crescendos and decrescendos
simultaneously, but I cannot find out how to.

Personally (though I'm not brilliant with these things), I'd use another voice which is filled with spaces and put a seperate crescendo in that, adding extra padding from the staff. For example:

    { \override DynamicLineSpanner #'staff-padding = 4
      s4\< s1 s2 s4\!} >>

Seems to be something along the times of what you want.  Hope this helps.

--
Andrew Sidwell