Re: Letter page length too long

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Letter page length too long
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 00:02:40 -0700

On 22-Oct-05, at 9:39 PM, Michael Haynie wrote:

I've noticed that Lilypond consistently produces pages that are roughly 1/2 a line too long, with the result that my footer line is cut off.

It's not actually lilypond; it's dvips.

First, make sure you set the paper size to letter or letterpaper in lilypond, since lilypond defaults to A4.

Then, assuming you're using the fink command-line version, open up a console and run texsetup at root. (I -think- texsetup is the right command; it's something like that, at least) Check all the paper sizes you can find (ie under "global settings", "dvips settings", and "dvipsm settings"), and make sure they're letterpaper.

dvips is _supposed_ to get its paper size from the PAPERSIZE environment variable, but it doesn't. :(

If you're using the application, then I'm not certain how to fix it. It would depend on how exactly the app is put together and how dvips is integrated.

HTH,
- Graham