Footers/headers and line breaks

From: cordilow (sent by Nabble.com)
Subject: Footers/headers and line breaks
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:39:59 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I was wondering how to create a footer.  The documentation talks about them, but it never says how to make them.  So far, I've only been able to make a footer by using tagline in the header.

The following does not work, or compile for that matter:
\footer
{
   poet = "some poet"
   composer = "some composer"
}

Also, I was wondering how to make line breaks in a header or footer.

I was also wondering how to make additional pieces of text in a header or footer.
I mean, if I want something besides the poet or composer--like a reference, and/or a copyright notice, for example--or even just a note.  I mean,

\header
{
   otherHeaderItem = "this or that"
}

Does seem to work.  Also, if such can be added, how do I position it where I want?

Hmm . . . Is there a way to just arrange it with HTML, and have it pretend that the music (staves, notes, and lyrics) is a picture in between?  That would be extremely nice.

Thanks!  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sent from the Gnu - Lilypond - User forum at Nabble.com.