Re: split lyrics

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: split lyrics
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:05:08 +0100

On Thursday 02 February 2006 00.11, address@hidden wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking through the archives and I've found almost exactly what I
> need. I'm trying to have a split where the text for the upper part is
> above the staff, and the text for lower voice is below the staff, and
> I just cannot figure out what to do. The example I found from the
> archives (from Mats Bengtsson) is here:

For some technical reasons, voices must be "alive" from the beginning of the
piece, in order for \lyricsto to work.

It should work better if you do something like:

\new Staff <<
  \context Voice = "melody" {
      \relative c' { c
        << {\voiceOne c'8 e} \context Voice = splitpart {\voiceTwo c,
4} >>
       \oneVoice c4 c | c
  \context Voice = splitpart {s1 * 2} % adjust length manually here