Re: time signature with note in denominator

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: time signature with note in denominator
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:53:45 +0200

Jos Smeets wrote:

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 15:18:09 +0200
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:

Following up on my previous post. I noticed that in the 2.6
documentation the following notation is used:

\override Staff.TimeSignature #'print-function =
#Text_interface::print

in 2.8 this is:

\override Staff.TimeSignature #'stencil = #ly:text-interface::print

When I use the 2.6 version with my 2.7.28 installation, there are no
compilation problems, but I do not get the correct time signature
printed. It gives me the normal 3/2.

Apparently I am still missing something, but what?

Version 2.7.28 is much more similar to 2.8 than to 2.6, so
the 2.8 syntax should work as far as I know.

  /Mats

Well, my experience is different. Neither works for me now. Maybe I
should first upgrade to 2.8 (should wait a few days, no time for that
now :( ) and then try again. Thanks for your help!

Jos

You had bad luck. If you run convert-ly -s (after your upgrade
to version 2.8), you will find out that the following change
happened at version 2.7.31:
Foo_bar::bla_bla -> ly:foo-bar::bla-bla

  /Mats